Translate

Monday, March 10, 2014

Slow progress on Spring Doily

I've been working diligently on Renulek's Spring 2014 doily and thought I'd made good progress until I started reading other blogs.  I have just finished round 5.  Fox is on round 8 and Sally has made three such doilies, and all three are farther a long than mine. Even Renulek, who has to design the row before she tats it, is ahead of me. I know it's not a race, but I must be the slowest tatter on the web.  I'm considering changing my blog name to "The Turtle Tatter."  Anyway, here is my progress so far.

Here is a close up for detail.

And here it is with a shuttle in the picture for scale.


6 comments:

  1. Your doily is looking fabulous!!! :)
    Also, you can't be the slowest cuz' there are many of us who haven't even gotten the chance to start due to other projects, but are awaiting time to get our chance to join!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the slowest tatter on the web, I have not finished the last one due to other projects and losing interest on it due to a close member who died when I was tatting it and it just got left because I felt I could not do it and was going back to it. Further to that I am only just getting back into tatting due to an accident over Christmas and a hand injury, I have been sat here looking at the beautiful doilies and thinking I wish I could tat again plus having other projects to do on my list before I can start this doily.
    Your doily is looking very lovely. Keep up the good work.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't tat. I hope your hand gets better soon.

      Delete
  3. It's looking great! Love the colours you're using. There will always be folk tatting faster than you and slower than you. Don't let it discourage you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about your progress on the doily. It is looking beautiful and your colors are lovely. Just enjoy. I certainly enjoyed seeing your doily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your encouragement. I'll just keep plugging away at my own pace. This doily is going to take some time. Renulek keeps adding rows.

    ReplyDelete