Translate

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Last of the Christmas Tatting

I promise this will be my last Christmas tatting post.  I just have to get these last couple of projects done and stored away for next year.  It never hurts to have a couple extra Christmas motifs in the back pocket for that unexpected gift or when you run out of time.

I finished the Christmas wreath and the outer row was very ruffled.  If I had left it like that it would have made an excellent candle frill, but I don't use candles in holders, so I don't need frills.  Blocking did straighten out the ruffles, but only by force.

  Next time I think I will adjust the stitch count on the chain in the first round and see if that helps.  My other dilemma with this motif is what do I do with it.  It won't look good as a stand alone decoration on the Christmas tree because it is green.  I could put it inside a brass ring and make a sun catcher or door knob decoration out of it.  Any suggestions?  It measures about 4 inches across.

And my last snowflake of the year is the lovely "Le Flocon" by Frivole.

And now on to Valentine and Spring tatting.

2 comments:

  1. Oh these came out really nice, and that reminds me I need to buy that blue Ice color:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful wreath and snowflake!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete