Translate

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Finished Flamingo and More Spring Doily

I finished and framed the pink flamingo from the last post.
This was an end of school year gift for my son's teacher.  She was thrilled to get a tatted flaming to add to her extensive flamingo collection.

I'm making progress on the Renulek Spring Doily, currently working on round 11.  I noticed as I was finishing round 10 that it was cupping a little, something that hasn't happened in previous rounds.  I thought it was too much tension in my chains. But as I began round 11, I realized that I had made a mistake in the pattern in round 10.
  I should have joined the thrown ring in round 9 to another ring, not a chain as I did.  I marked in this picture where I should have 3 rings stacked up, not just two, hence the cupping as I finished the round.  But I think I can block it into submission when the doily is finished.  On the bright side, it is not an obvious error, and since I made it 25 times, it is consistent all the way around, so only those familiar with the pattern may notice the mistake.  I will henceforth refer to this mistake as (ahem) "artistic licence" or "artist interpretation."

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flamingo and beautifully framed.
    What a pity on your doily but if the mistake is all the way around it may not notice when you have finished the whole doily. Ok someone who has tatted the doily but it's unique to you and no one else will have the same doily.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doily is looking wonderful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flamingo is cute and such a thoughtful gift. Nicely done!
    Happy accidents make for wonderful interpretations. The doily looks wonderful and I like how your variation is looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice flamingo, and if someone collects them maybe she wants to retire in Florida!

    ReplyDelete