Translate

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How about some split rings.

Here is an American flag I'm working on for the 4th of July.  It is comprised almost entirely of split rings, so if you want to practice your split rings, here's the pattern for you!

I got the pattern here.  I'm using Lizbeth size 20 in Christmas red, white, and royal blue.  This pattern is so easy that I find my mind wandering  and not paying close attention, hence the mistakes.  But once it's finished and blocked, the mistakes aren't so noticeable.  This flag measures about 5 inches wide and will be about 4 inches long when finished.  I still have 3 full rows and one partial row yet to go to make 13 stripes.  (This is motif # 4 in the 25 Motif Challenge)

The one below I completed for Memorial Day.  My next door neighbor and crafting buddy sewed on the beads to represent stars, wrapped the bar to look like a metal pole,  and gave me the wire hanger.  So I'm giving her the flag pictured above once I finish.


2 comments: