Translate

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Not a TIAS post

I know everyone has been blogging about the TIAS, as have I, but I have been doing other tatting besides the TIAS.  Over the last month or so I have been shopping on e-bay for vintage thread and pattern books.  As a result, I have been channeling my inner 20th century tatter and have been tatting vintage patterns with vintage thread and vintage shuttles.  It's like I'm in a tatting time warp, tatting back in the 1940's or 50's.  Then I look up at the HD TV, or check my smart phone and I realize I am in the 21st century.  Here is the first two rounds of an Anne Orr doily in vintage white Star tatting thread size 70.

I got the pattern from this book which was published in 1935 by the American Thread Company.

I also tatted this beautiful snowflake with vintage Star thread size 70 in "Shades of blue".
Motif # 16
The pattern is from a book called "Festive Tatting" published by DMC in 1982.  Now 1982 is not so vintage to me, since I had already graduated from high school by then, but it's pretty old by some standards.

1 comment:

  1. Your doily start looks very nice and your snowflake is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete