Translate

Friday, November 29, 2013

Snowflake and Christmas Bell

I have thoroughly enjoyed having this week of Thanksgiving off.  It has given me more time to get some of my Christmas Tatting done.  This was my first attempt at a 3D Christmas bell.

25 motif challenge # 2, motif 1
The pattern is by Renulek and you can find it on her blog here.  Her blog is in Polish and you can use Google Translate to read it, but all you really need is to print the pictures that have the stitch count.  The pattern is easy to follow.  I used a crystal bead for the clapper and a bead cover at the top.  It's done in Lizabeth white size 20.  I'm really happy with the result and have started another one in white and gold metallic thread.

I also finished a snowflake by Renulek.  The pattern is here.

Motif # 2
Again done in Lizabeth white size 20.  I really like the little hanger it's on.  You can't see it well in the picture, but it's a silver metal hanger with crystal beads at the top.  I got a box of them at Hobby Lobby.  There are several different bead configurations to the hangers in one box.  I also got gold hangers with red beads, which I will show you when I finish my gold bell.

1 comment: